Gingily oil/Cooking oil – 3 tbsp
Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1tsp
Fenugreek seeds- 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – few
Small onion – 4
Garlic cloves – 3 (crushed)
dry red chili- 1
Onion – 1 (small onion – 10)
Tomato – 2
Red chili powder – 1 Tsp
Coriander powder – 2 Tsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Salt- 1 Tsp (as per taste)
Tamarind – Lemon size
Water – 2cups
Mango pieces – 4
Coriander leaves – for garnishing
Sankara fish – 1 kg
Red chili powder – 1 tbsp
Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1 Tsp
Water – 3tbsp
Salt- 1 Tsp
Curry leaves – 4to 5
(For Meen kulambu Masala)
Peppercorns- 1 Tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Tomato – 1 (large)
Garlic cloves – 4
Small onion – 10 shallots
curry leaves – few
- Clean the fish and cut to the desired size.
- Soak tamarind in warm water (10 to 15 min), extract pulp and keep aside.
- Now a take a large bowl, add fish, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder & salt.
- Mix them well. And Marinated for 25 to 30 min.
- Now take a blender, add cumin seeds, peppercorns, garlic, onion, Tomato.
- Grind a coarse paste without water.
- In the Kadai, add the oil, and when the oil is hot, add in the cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, Mustard Seeds, curry leaves, garlic cloves & small onion. Saute a Min.
- Add in the Masala paste and saute till the raw smell goes off from the onion.
- When they are soft add the chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix Well.
- Now add in the ground tomato, onion paste and sauté well.
- Add the tamarind pulp and let it boil.
- Add mango pieces & cook for 5 mins.
- slowly add the marinated fish pieces one by one, let it cook. Boil for 3 to 5 mins.
- When the oil starts oozing the curry, add coriander leaves and curry leaves for garnishing.