Channa Dal – 1 cup
Rice flour – 1 tbsp
Oil – deep fry
Sombu/ Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Green chili – 2
Ginger – 1 inch
Garlic pods – 2
Mint leaves – 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves – 1tbsp
Garam masala powder – 3/4 tsp
Curry leaves – few
Salt – as needed
- Soak Channa Dal 2- 3 Hours. Then drain the water completely and keep aside.
- First Grind Ginger, Garlic, fennel, Green Chili’s.
- Then grind channa dhal to a coarse mixture make sure it should be thick…Few dal as whole here and there is fine. Then transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Add onions, Rice Flour, coriander leaves, Mint Leaves, salt, Garam Masala Powder Ginger, garlic, Green Chili, fennel paste and mix well
- Do not add water, it will look crumbly but will get together easily.
- Make equal Lemon sized small balls of the mixture, Flatten it with your hands and gently slip it into the oil.
- Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry them till golden brown, turning over both sides.
Enjoy Making these Delicious Masala vadas.