Oil – 1 tsp
Ladies finger – 200 gms
Oil – 1tbsp
Mustard seeds & urad dal – 1 tsp
Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tsp
Hing – 1/2 tsp
Garlic pods -6
Curry leaves – few
Green chili – 3
Tomato – 1
Turmeric powder – 1tsp
Chili powder – 2tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
water – 2 cups
brown chick peas – 1/2 cup
tamarind – Goose berry size
Rice flour – 1tsp
Salt – as needed
- Soak lemon sized tamarind pulp in a cup of warm water. Squeeze and take the tamarind juice out of it.
- Soak brown hick peas overnight. Pressure cook it for whistle adding adequate water. Once pressure goes off drain the water & keep the cooked chickpea aside.
- In a pan heat oil & fry the chopped vendakkai for few minutes until 80% done remove &keep it aside.
- In a same pan heat little oil, add mustard seeds, urad dal, fennel seeds, Venda yam, and perugayam, curry leaves. Sauté a min.
- Add onion, green chili, garlic cloves & fry until onion turns transparent.
- Now add turmeric powder, and finely chopped tomatoes. Cook for 5 mins.
- Put the vendakkai, sauté it. Then add chili powder, coriander powder, salt, Sauté a min.
- Add tamarind paste with adequate water. Cook until vendakkai is well done.
- Then add cooked kondakadalai, sauté for a min. then drain the water and keep aside.
- Take some water, add 1 tbsp of rice flour drain the water & add it to the dish. Mix Well.